Thursday 4 October 2012

Nighttime photography


I have been taking photos outside at nighttime, using available light and a slow shutter speed for a while now. I really like the abstract feel and how you don't really know what you will get until the photo is taken. These photos are fun for me, they are not something I plan on persuing for any other reason. I could show you a million photographs but instead I will just show you two very recent ones. 


When I was taking this photo, I stood and waited for quite a while. I wanted to have all three colours from the traffic lights in the photo, as well as a stream of light from at least one car.


As well as light, I like to experiment with people in these photos. I simply set the aperture and a slow shutter speed and watched as people walked by. I love this ghostly effect.


© Rebekah Morris 2012
All Rights Reserved 


No comments:

Post a Comment